Monday, July 6, 2009

The Strongest Motivator











We had to take a Personal Motivation Inventory in class:

Rank the following characteristics/personal motivations in order of personal choice, from 1 to 10.

Achievement
Altruism
Autonomy
Comfort
Family
Love
Money
Safety
Status
Work

Then rank them in order of actual need...

It was interesting, because the things that actually motivate me have nothing to do with things I actually need. I honestly believe it has to do with my faith in God to provide. Work, Safety and Money were all last on my list, but close to first in order of actual need. My faith allows me to not worry about my needs and lets me focus on the desires of my heart.

Of course those desires may not always be the best, I often an motivated by achievement and status more than altruism or love. Interestingly my family remained number one on both desire and need - maybe families, whether blood or church, are a big part of our motivations and also sustain us in times of need.

Words I would like to describe myself as: influencing, daring, impulsive, decisive, easy-going, sincere, adventurous, optimistic and self-certain.

World I describe myself as: directing, cautious, predictable, analytical, deliberate, precise, doubting, forceful, emotional, accommodating, curious, assertive, experimenting and perfectionistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment