Friday, May 8, 2009

The Reformation











Are you an Evangelical Christian? And if so, how do I become what you are?

Wow. Interesting question, with a straightforward answer...(clears throat).

Well, is it like switching from democrat to republican? Kind of. Is it like learning the history of the reformation movement? Partly. Is it like being "born again"? Depends.

Would you like to be a Protestant? Or just an Evangelical Catholic? A Evangelical Tranformationalist? A Pentecostal? A Charismatic Pentecostal? Part of the emerging church movement? Influenced by the Latter Rain Movement perhaps? And which denomination? Foursquare? ;)

Someone get me a history book and tell me what kind of church I go to. Or do we just make it up as we go along (there's a name for that to) or do we kind of mix and match (one for that as well)?

I am a Reformed Protestant Evangelical Tranformationalist Charismatic Pentecostal that goes to a Foursquare church influenced by Azusa Street, the Latter Rain and the Emerging Church movements where we just talk about relationships.

I am absolutely unsure of how to become this and I'm not sure you want to, honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment