
Sometimes revelations come to us at unexpected times. Sometimes we are concentrated on something else, like politics or school work and out of nowhere our hearts make a connection. Our spirits connect with the Spirit and something amazing happens. Right in the middle of what you thought you were doing, God reminds you that He is ever present, ever speaking and really is Lord of all.
In one of my university classes today, we were practicing an elementary classroom technique called Readers Theater. Basically, everyone a class (or a select few) are given a script and they act out the script in front of the class (or to another class) as they read it. No preparation is needed and the scripts are usually pretty funny! As Masters students, we practiced what we would be asking the kids to do - and we had a lot of fun too :) Right in the middle of the whole production, just as we were laughing and talking about building community, I felt God say that he had been preparing me for this all along. I was caught having a connection with the God of the Universe during a play performed by a bunch of 20 somethings on a Wednesday afternoon. It just didn't make since.
What I understood God to be revealing to me, is that these types of activities are the same types of activities I had grown up with in church. We did a form of readers theater every Wednesday night in youth group and I even lead a few myself. I have been the leader, the participant and the audience. God was preparing me with a repertoire of fun, engaging and instructional techniques all along, and He's been encouraging me all along the way.
Romans 8:16-17 - God's Spirit is bearing witness with our spirit; communicating with us even when our earthly minds are focused elsewhere :)

No comments:
Post a Comment